A digital marketing manager is the main responsible person for the implementation and control of the digital marketing plan of a company. Let’s have a detail look in the professional field of a digital marketing manager, what they do, how they do.
They should have a strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies and be able to lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution. Digital marketing managers will work with the marketing team, supporting teams (such as programmers), and vendors to launch campaigns on time and on budget.Let’s check out the roles and responsibilities of Digital Marketing Manager.
- Plan and execute all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, email marketing, lead generation, social media and display advertising campaigns, etc.
- Design, build and maintain social media presence.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Instrument conversion points and optimize user funnels
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Any degree in science/commerce and marketing or a related field
- Proven working experience in digital marketing
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, lead generation, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Experience with A/B testing and multivariate experiments
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, WebTrends, etc)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
In addition to all this, the job description of digital marketing manager must be a person with a great capacity to understand the master lines of a previously defined digital strategy. It must be able to effectively implement and in the foreseen terms the different actions and interrelate them to achieve the marketing objectives of the company.
On the other hand, the digital marketing manager must know how to work with flexibility and critical spirit in a consensual manner, to implement the necessary corrections as soon as possible to avoid wasting time or wasting budget on incorrectly raised or poorly focused actions. You can get necessary practice, training and guidance from TDMC if you want to grow your career in digital marketing.